Some notes from the Marketing Breakout Sessions January 22, 2014 at College of the Canyons University Center:
- Know your audience.
- Keep your branding the same.
- 2 Words, 2 Seconds, 2 Day: the ‘222’ rule, mainly for email. “Got milk?”
- Ask questions in the Subject line
- Maintain a qualified list of recipients. Be consistent.
- If you have email/Facebook, use it at least monthly.
- Connect with people on their terms. If they don’t have email, go ’80’s on them with Thank You notes, pending events. For elderly, get close relative’s email.
- 80/20 rule. 80% of the email has to be about them.
Typical spokes on a website wheel:
- Social media
- Paid social media
- Email (most important)
- PR/Articles/Print media
- Niche Sites
Sample spokes pointing to hub center:
“If there are no responses, you’re not a failure. It just didn’t work.”
“Marketing is about eliciting a physical and measurable response.”
- One article a week. Cite your source.
- The more content, the better.
- Videos are so important. They should be raw, not polished.
- Use G+
- Cool free screen capture tool: Jing
- Video on phone
- Constant Content Plugin
- Testimony plugin
- FAQs are great for SEO
- Customization if possible